Friday, April 11, 2008

Food for thought


There this one stall, by Asia Cafe (truly Asian!!).
It is said that the stall sells great "Yau Char Guai", some kind of fried dough...(fried pretzels!) =D
Living is SS15 long enough, I know this place so well I could tell where I am with my eyes close. (ceh...) LOL.

Becky "the overly bubbly girl" (Classmate) was writing an article on great food around ss15, she wanted to know what was my daily diet was. She wanted to know the best places to eat around. (You serious!? You'd ask a thin boy of all ppl!?) XD

So we met at "Truly" Asia Cafe and the first stall I told her about was... the not so famous great "Yau Char Guai" stall, just a few steps away. I personally have never tasted anything from that stall before but I told her it was good anyways.(Lab rat) =P

*few minutes later*

Becky: Nah, *small thud*
Me: Why you buy two? (Manglish)
Becky: For you lah!
Me: Oh, nvm lah, you eat lah, I am alredy eating my rice. (Manglish again, sorry folks)
Becky: *throws one "fried pretzel" on my Indian curry rice* =(
Me: HEY! WHY YOU SPOIL MY MEAL!?
Becky: I don't care, I buy already now you must eat. See your size...
Me: =(
*munch munch*
Me: Hmm... not bad... very special, I have never tasted "Yau Char Guai" like that before, Crispy, very Crispy on the outside but soft and fluffy on the inside. WOW!
*Daydreams and enjoys my "fried pretzel" like a kid*
Becky: So good or not!?
*pop...*
Me: Yeah yeah... very nice... Blah Blah... nice nice all nice.


Day 2
After badminton, I craved for a snack. Secretly munching on my "fried dough" I heard my name being called.... Ceh... Suzanne(HOI), in her car...

Suzanne: Where did you get the "Yau Char Guai" from?
Me: That stall over there (Yonder)
Suzanne: Is it that famous stall?
Me: Yeah Yeah, Its really good!
Suzanne: =( (regrets she's driving)

Day 3
Suzanne: How you know about the stall?
Me: I live so near how would i not know? =P
Suzanne: I read about it in a book...
Me: Yeah the "Malaysian Street Foods" book right?
Suzanne: Eh, how you know?
(I know about it as it won some prestigious food book price...)
Me: I'm an Ipoh boy lah, how can I dunno? LOL

Day 4
I had planned to take the photos for the yearbook article. The weather was good but humidity was insane, probably around 200%. =(

The uncle at the stall, was an employed foreigner. He had worked there for years, and he said that the "Yau Char Guai" had been fried for over an hour now.

So after a couple of photos I bought two "Yau Char Guai", hmm mmm.... LOL

Today, it was too humid, the "Fried Dough" was soft and cold, after the rain... So, maybe next time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home